TUMIS is a social enterprise dedicated to lasting systemic and social change. We support efforts to bring about justice and peace by providing effective communication services to organizations. We work towards a society that places value on people and the environment above the accumulation of wealth.
The eleven points of unity define TUMIS politics and guide our work. They are based on love for the people and earth.
• Racial, Class, Gender, and Sexual Orientation Justice We fight to eliminate racism, classism, and gender and sexual discrimination.
• Personal and Professional Development We believe on-going study makes people more effective leaders for achieving social change.
• Self-Determination and Anti-Imperialism We support any efforts for people to determine their own future.
• Ethical Labor Practices We support practices that respect the rights of workers globally. We support the work of labor unions, and organizing among the unorganized and unemployed.
• Environmental Consciousness We must take action to reduce the damaging effects industry has on the environment to ensure the survival of the human race and other living creatures.
• Corporate Accountability Corporations must be held accountable for their actions that affect people and earth.
• Re-distribution of Wealth We must devise and support economic models that distribute wealth on an even basis.
• Human Rights We believe in the protection of human rights.
• Youth as an Integral Part of Society Youth must be included in decision-making, and be given all opportunities for learning.
• Social Justice and Democracy for People of the world We are in solidarity with all people who are working together toward social justice and democracy.
• Free speech We support freedom of expression, without fear of persecution.